Team Demonic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ruling: Targeting cards
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:52 am by Tessir

» Tessir`s Room
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 pm by Tessir

» Team`s Posting Duel Method
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 am by Tessir

» How to join the team
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm by Tessir

» Test Results
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm by Tessir

» Request a Test
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm by Tessir

» Akatsuki's rules
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:35 pm by Tessir

» Ruling Help
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm by Tessir

» Deck Help
Ruling: Targeting cards EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm by Tessir

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Tessir
Ruling: Targeting cards I_vote_lcapRuling: Targeting cards I_voting_barRuling: Targeting cards I_vote_rcap 

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:12 am
Most active topics
Team`s Posting Duel Method

Ruling: Targeting cards

Go down

Ruling: Targeting cards Empty Ruling: Targeting cards

Post by Tessir Fri May 10, 2013 12:52 am

There are cards such as safe zone and forbidden lance that are spell speed 2 and possibly higher that supposedly protect a monster from being affected by spell/traps/monsters. In this case/example, I'ts just card's that supposedly protect a monster from being affected by spell/traps. However, even though these cards can be "chained" as in, they are over spell speed 1, there is an issue. Say you have a monster on the field that is being targeted, and you try to chain lance or safe zone, that would NOT save your monster.

Here is an example,

Eg. You normal summon a giant soldier of stone and the summon goes through. You then enter Battle Phase and declare an attack with your soldier of stone, your opponent then activates compulsory evacuation device on your monster, you try to chain safe zone or lance, your monster would still go back to hand. This is because it has already been targeted, and chaining safe zone or lance doesn't work like that. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as how the last thing to go into a chain resolves first, but this is how the game is set up.

One last note before actually trying to refer this to somebody if you are having a ruling dispute. Make sure the card you are trying to defend your monster against, or the card you are trying to hit your opponent with (in the example, the card I am referring to is Compulsory) actually TARGETS! The card has to target for this page to be of any relevance. If you chain a card that protects your cards like the ones described against a card that does not target, your card will win.
Tessir
Tessir
Admin

https://ttda.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down